TALtech has been providing software solutions since 1985. The first versions of its two most popular products, the SoftwareWedge™ (now WinWedge®) for data collection and B-Coder® for barcoding applications, were first released in 1989 and 1990, respectively. Since then these products have been enhanced greatly and now represent two major product lines.
WinWedge, TCP-Wedge, TCP-Com and our other RS232 and TCP/IP-based data collection and communication software programs are used in any industry were accurate real-time data collection from devices or instruments is essential. These software products are used most extensively by the following industries:
- Laboratories and Scientific - from university research to pharmaceutical lab instrument data collection.
- Quality Control - collecting data from precision measuring instruments in all types of manufacturing environments.
- Process Control - data acquisition from chemical and paper plants to water treatment.
- Medical - collecting data from EKGs to controlling robotics.
- Cannabis Compliance - automate secure weight data collection for growers and distributors
- Manufacturing Automation - collecting data from serial or IP-connected devices to inputting it into MMIs (HMIs).
- Farming and fishing - from automatically weighing tagged cattle to using GPS with ultrasound to find fish.
- Food Processing - collecting temperature and weight data from baking bread to freezing fish.
- Engineering - civil, environmental, structural, mechanical, aerospace and electrical - from structural test data collection to controlling valves.
- Research - from deep water research in robotic submarines to high altitude data collection.
- Government and Military - from flight instrument data collection to missile launch control.
- Telephony and Data Communications - from PBX data collection to dialing modems over IP networks
- Internet data entry - from serial and TCP/IP connected devices or from inputting data from files directly into any web form or application.
- Retail and Warehouse Data Collection - from barcoding to RFID.
Barcode ActiveX Control, Barcode DLLs and B-Coder Pro software are used where easy, accurate and reliable professional-quality barcodes are needed. Such as:
- Finance, business and insurance - barcoding of records and documents.
- Retail and warehouse - barcoding of products for tracking.
- Medical - barcoding of medical records.
- Government and Military - barcoding of items and documents for tracking.
- Research - barcoding of samples.
- Graphic design - adding print-quality barcodes to product designs.
- Industrial - barcoding of parts.