TALtech Barcode DLLs support all the features necessary to produce professional quality barcodes for any application - product packaging, document tracking and specialized barcode labeling.
The Bar Code DLL can output barcode graphics in 4 different ways:
- Output to memory MetaFiles
- Save to the clipboard as MetaFiles
- Save to disk as MetaFiles (.WMF)
- Draw the barcode directly to a Device Context (hDC)
High Resolution Graphics
The Barcode DLLs create completely device independent, high resolution, Windows MetaFile (.WMF) graphics. WMF graphics are vector graphics that will print to the highest resolution of any printer. You do not need to know the dot resolution of the printer in advance.
Unlike bitmaps, Metafiles will not distort in size depending on the resolution of the output device. In addition, you can view the graphic on screen WYSIWYG. MetaFiles are extremely small in size and therefore print much faster than any other type of graphic. They also require much less memory or disk storage space.
MetaFiles are the native graphic format for Windows and are fully supported by VB, .NET, C/C++, Access, Excel, Word, and all other popular programmable applications.
- Complete and accurate control over all barcode dimensions - narrow bar width, bar height, magnification factors, etc.
- Ability to print perfect barcodes to any printer supported by Windows, i.e. any printer with a Windows printer driver. This includes laser, ink jet, Postscript, dot matrix and thermal transfer printers and high resolution image setters for high quality film output.
- Creation of barcodes as completely device independent WMF graphics.
- Creation of barcode graphics to memory, to a disk file, to the clipboard or directly to a Device Context (hDC).
- All major barcode symbologies are available, including Codes 39, Code 128, EAN/UCC 128, Code 93, UPC, EAN, Interleaved 2 of 5, BookLan, Codabar, MSI/Plessey, PostNET, RSS-14, PDF417, MaxiCode, DataMatrix, Aztec Code, RSS-14 etc.
- Support for all features of each barcode symbology, including Bearer Bars, Supplementals, Quiet Zones, Narrow to Wide Bar Ratios, etc.
- Support for Bar Width Reduction for film masters to account for ink spread on a wet ink press.
- Automatic insertion of check digits and other security features in barcodes. Rotation in 90 increments.
- Support for 16 million colors (+ transparent) for barcodes, human readable text and background.
- Full font selection for human readable text above or below barcodes.
- Support for an additional comment line above or below the barcode.
- Full support of binary data including ASCII nulls.
"TALtech Bar Code ActiveX Control has all the features necessary to easily add professional-quality bar codes to Windows applications. A well designed product that produces professional bar codes that print quickly and scan accurately. TALtech provides example code within VB projects, and you also get sample VBA applications in Access, Excel and Word. I would like to see more OCX publishers follow TALtech's example."Visual Basic Programmer’s Journal Editor
"Once again I am very impressed with the prompt and helpful response. Much appreciated. It is great to see a company making a real effort to give good support."Chris Morriss Symbol Technologies